Product Reviews

    The First product I would like to tell you about is the Lews Lazer Carbon RZ fishing rod. The rod comes in three sizes to choose from; 6'6, 6'10' and 7'3, with medium heavy or medium actions to choose from.
Image result for lews laser carbon rz casting comboIMG_1485.jpgIMG_1511.jpg





The reel comes in a 7:1 ball bearing system, with magnetic spool release and a maximum 10 pound drag. I have been fishing with Lews reels for over 6 years now, and have been sponsored for almost a year. This has been the best, overall rod/reel setup I have gotten from them. It has enough backbone to pull in bigger fish , and enough tip to make long casts and fight in the fish. I spooled it up with 50 pound spider wire braid and it casts phenomenal. I can cast an easy 40 yards with this setup , depending on bait size. I grabbed the 6'10 Medium Heavy,  I mainly use it as a top water rod mostly due to its tip, however I have had success using heavier jigs and frogs in heavy cover. The rod handles fish well, my biggest fish so far on it was a 34 inch northern pike and it handled it like a champ. I received the rod as a gift from Lews however MSRP it is around $100, a bit pricey however definitely worth it.


        The next item is the River 2 Seas whopper plopper. Any bass fisherman and most pike/Muskie fisherman know about the whopper plopper. This top water bait is the craze in the fishing community at the moment.
Image result for whopper plopperThe bait cruises across the surface of the water with its tail rotating , spitting up water and making a noise that almost sounds like a vibration. The action of this bait has been found irresistible to multiple species of fish. In my adventures I have caught Largemouth and Smallmouth bass, White bass, Pike, Vicious bluegills and crappies, and a couple of rock bass that felt adventurous. So while designed for Bass, this has been proven to be a multi-species bait. They come in two different sizes, the "90" Which is about 4 inches, and the "120" which is about 7 inches and has much more girth . Coming in over 15 different colors, this bait can be used in a variety of waters and situations. The bait also comes with two Trokar treble hooks which work extremely well.  I have only fished this bait for around 8 months but in such short time have had great success with it, the only downside is that the 90 size is $14.00. and the 120 size is $19.00, Quite the expensive bait, however it has proven itself to be worth the buy.

  The third item sticks with the outdoors theme, however strays from fishing and moves to hunting. The Mossberg 505 20 Gauge pump action shot gun youth addition. This gun shoots 20 gauge shells, with a max chamber hold of 3 shells. I have owned this gun for about 4 years. I have been more than happy with this gun. MSRP it runs around 400 dollars. However in about a year I had to drop another 100 dollars for an extended stock since it was a youth addition, and I outgrew it quickly.Image result for mossberg 500 youth 20Image result for mossberg 500 youth 20



I have taken 7 deer with this gun, the furthest being 80 yards away. The gun has tremendous stopping power when used with the right ammunition. The gold trigger makes the trigger standout for safety reasons, and the trigger safety is on top in front of the cheek rest, for a quieter and easier safety change. It comes apart the same as any shotgun does and quite easily. Made of very durable stainless steel that does not rust if taken care of, and a finished wooden stock to add a smooth look to the gun.  The one complaint I have is that the barrel is loose, so it wobbles when you move your rest hand, and it is a little loud. This is not however just the gun, since all of Mossberg's guns are made this way for a smoother pump.
   

Comments

  1. I can't say I own any of these items or would in the near future, but I did learn something new to day about fishing rods thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Officers of the Law

Me, Myself, and a few others