Me by the Numbers


Image result for numbers

We see numbers everyday, numbers such as the ones on the speed limit signs, on the weather channel (because people still watch that) and at the grocery store for when that gallon of milk is back up to $3.00. However there are some numbers in our lives that hold bigger meaning in us. Some people
may have the same numbers but for different reason. Its why the number is unique to us.


My first number, is the number 13, a number that most consider to be highly unlucky.My girlfriend Rachel and I got together on June 13th, of 2013, and we are still well and going strong today. Until I left for school we spent almost every day together and can never get enough time. We spend most of our time out on the lake fishing, it has become one of our favorite past times to do together. Whether it is on our kayaks, a boat, or off the bank, as long as the line is wet we're happy.

                                                                                My second reason for picking 13 is a little bit different.
My little brothers favorite number is 13. All of his athletic numbers are 13, as well as his favorite athletes being #13. My 10 year old brother is my absolute world. Much like Rachel and I, my brother ,Colton, and I enjoy fishing whenever we get the chance. We also love playing video games together and spending time going on nature walks together in the woods.
The second number I chose that meant something to me was the number 635. Now this may seem like an odd number to connect with, but let me explain. Ever since my first year in 7th grade, I was absolutely obsessed with track and field. My number for all four years of high school I had the number 635 on my back. Throughout my high school career in the pole vault, I acquired all American Status , as well as becoming an all Ohioan.
My final high school clearance of 15ft
                                       Pole vault became my thing. That is what I was known as, the vaulter. I never knew it would lead me all across the country, and lead me to compete at the division one
level when I first started.
Loading up to attempt a bar

                                           
My love for the event started when my
sister vaulted in high school, quite successful however not as decorated as I. She went to be the 4th best in Ohio in 2011. Despite multiple division one offers, she declined to focus on academics.
                               
                                                   
                                   
It was all smiles after becoming third in the nation.
For the rest of my life, this number will mean a great deal to me, it was the start of something great, it is something I will tell my children and grandchildren about.

Image result for names of september 11 victims
   Another number I would like to present you with, is 11. My relationship with this number is a love/hate kind of thing. I was born on September 11th, 1998. You already know where this is going. September 11th 2001, the twin towers were the target of an Al-Quada terrorist attack. My uncle was an auxiliary police officer in New York City. That day, that man was taken out of our lives. A volunteer , who made the ultimate sacrifice for his city and country. I spend every birthday in Manhattan , New York, to honor him, to pray that I live up to his standards, to be as brave as this man was.










The final number I would like to present you with is 99. I know I know, my numbers are all over the place, however its almost over I promise. The number 99 is my lucky number. I'm not quite sure from where it originated, but I started to love the number around age 8. I made it my uniform number for baseball, football, and basketball all the way from age 8, to around 8th grade. 
                                                             
                                                         However this number turned crazy when I was 16. My great grandmother died at the age of 99. She lived a very long , happy life. She served in WWII as nurse stationed in Germany. The older she got, the more funny. She passed away peacefully like anyone would want.
Image result for 99






I appreciate you taking the time to read about me, and find what some of the special numbers of mine meant to me. It really got me to think about all of the things in  my life and allowed me to reminisce. Thank you, and good day!





Comments

  1. You sure were born into a family of true heroes and athletic abilities. Plus, you are your girlfriend are super cute together.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Officers of the Law

Me, Myself, and a few others